Local SEO focuses on the helpful elements of Search Engine Optimisation that ensure you maximise your local presence. So it’s very much for local businesses that want to drive enquiries from a clearly defined marketplace.
For example; imagine that you own a tyre replacement business in Manchester. And that a motorist in the local area that’s stuck with a flat tyre searches for “tyre replacement companies” on their smartphone. That’s where our Local SEO work seeks to put your business at the top of the Google search results as the most relevant local company.
Unlike a wider SEO campaign, our Local SEO work uses every opportunity to emphasise the business location.
With Local SEO consistency is key. We create local citations for your business, which reinforces to the Search Engines that your business is more relevant than your competitors in that specific area. What is a ‘citation’? Well a citation means anywhere your business is mentioned or referenced to on the internet. We can strategically place these citations in the right sites to promote your business as highly relevant in your specific geographic location.
One of the keys to good Local SEO is finding the right places to get your business mentioned. If these citations are made in the wrong places, sites which contain lots of spam or aren’t local or specific enough to your business, then this can actually be damaging to your Local SEO rank. At SearchVista we put in the time to find the best and most reliable citations, where we can strategically build your business reputation for the Search Engines.
But Citations aren’t the only factor that the Search Engines look at. Far from it. Within a Local SEO project we will:
- Perfect your Google Places listing, or create it if there isn’t one already.
- Perfect your Bing Places listing, or create it if there isn’t one already.
- Optimise your website for local search ranking.
- Fix incorrect local citations (references from other websites) to ensure that they comply to best practice.
- Build new local citations.
- Help you to get more local business reviews.
- Advise and perfect content
- Create a series of local landing pages which are heavily SEO optimised.
- Gain local directory and website links.
- Ensure that social media properties are optimised on Twitter, Facebook, Google Plus, LinkedIn and Pinterest – plus any others that may be relevant.
We’re also experts at finding the sweet spot between Google’s guidelines and what is commercially right for you. We have progressive theories on search as a tool for retention.
We gather all the relevant data from the best in market analytics and use it to improve performance over time. It’s important to know which techniques work and which don’t, every client will have different aims, goals and requirements.
We don’t spend a penny of yours unless we’re sure it will be a constructive investment. The ultimate goal is to make a success of your business, whichever way you define that success will be how we tailor our services.